Andy Cooke, Campus Minister & Executive Director: andy [at] pscuga [dot] org
Andy has served as Campus Minister since January 2008. Originally from Augusta, Georgia, Andy studied at the University of Georgia, Princeton Theological Seminary, and the University of St. Andrews before settling down in Athens. He was ordained to service as a Minister of the Word and Sacrament in Northeast Georgia Presbytery in 2005. Andy is married to Katelyn and has two sons, Miller and Mattox.
Margaret Davis, Ministry Associate: margaret [at] pscuga [dot] org
Margaret has served as Ministry Associate since February 2017. She completed degrees at Duke University and Columbia Theological Seminary before serving at First Presbyterian Church in Huntsville, AL and Oconee Presbyterian Church in Watkinsville, GA. Margaret is married to Ben and they have one son.
Jonathan Freeman, Waddel Fellowship Intern: jonathan [at] pscuga [dot] org
Jonathan is the 2016-2017 Waddel Fellowship Intern. He is from Tucker, GA and graduated from Presbyterian College in 2016, where he studied Christian Education and German. After college, Jonathan served as a Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) for the Presbyterian Church (USA) in Indianapolis where he worked with Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity. His term of service begins in August 2017.
Nathan Hilkert, ELCA Liaison: nathan [at] pscuga [dot] org
Nathan is the pastor of Holy Cross Lutheran Church (ELCA) in Athens. After studying English and Creative Writing at Berry College and Hollins University, Nathan worked at the Athens Banner-Herald for several years. He graduated from Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary in 2008, and served congregations in Conyers and Decatur, before returning to Athens. Nathan is married to Heidi, and they have 3 young daughters, Stella, Lucy, and Penelope. He’s excited about connecting with Lutheran students at UGA, and developing a strong ELCA campus ministry over the next several years.
Leslye Queen, Ministry Assistant: leslye [at] pscuga [dot] org
Leslye has served at the PSC since May 2015. Leslye is a member of First Presbyterian Church of Athens with work experience in marketing and development. She is a graduate of Hamilton College in New York. Leslye is married to Chris, and they have one daughter. We are grateful that she shares her talents with us and keeps this place running smoothly.
Jill Patterson Tolbert, Ministry Associate: jill [at] pscuga [dot] org
Jill has served as Ministry Associate since January 2014. She completed degrees at Mercer University and Columbia Theological Seminary with a career teaching in between. She was ordained to service as a Minister of the Word and Sacrament in the Presbytery of Greater Atlanta in 2007, where she served as Presbyterian Campus Minister at Emory University from 2007 to 2012. Jill is married to Joel and they have three sons.
Will Drosos, Student Minister: will [at] pscuga [dot] org Will is the Student Minister for Encounter and University Liaison/Chief Officer of our student organization. He is a third year student from Cincinnati, OH majoring in Finance.
Stacey Bowden, Student Minister: stacey [at] pscuga [dot] org Stacey is the Student Minister for Hospitality. She is a Psychology major from Watkinsville, GA.
Dray Criswell, Student Minister: dray [at] pscuga [dot] org Dray is the Student Minister for Interfaith Relations. He is a sophomore from Lawrenceville, GA studying Business Management.
Wes Bowden, Student Minister: wes [at] pscuga [dot] org Wes is the Student Minister for Worship and the Auxiliary Officer of our student organization. He is a senior from Watkinsville, GA majoring in Religion.
Robin Smith, Student Minister: robin [at] pscuga [dot] org Robin is the Student Minister for Community and the Secretary of our student organization. She is an Accounting major from Ridgewood, NJ.
Ashley Earley, Student Minister: ashley [at] pscuga [dot] org Ashley is the Student Minister for Service and the Treasurer of our student organization. She is a second year graduate student in the Plant Biology Department from Rock Hill, SC.
Board of Directors
- The Rev. Bob Googe, Chair, Parish Assoc. at First Presbyterian Church of Athens
- Mary Barnett, Vice Chair, Covenant Presbyterian Church
- John Kolher, Treasurer, Oconee Presbyterian Church
- Brenda Poss, Secretary, Central Presbyterian Church
- Jackie Bishoff, Commerce Presbyterian Church
- Nettie Jester, Student Representative, 2017-2018
- Bonnie Johnson, Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Kathy Little, Oconee Presbyterian Church
- Eleanor McMinn, Covenant Presbyterian Church
- The Rev. David Powers, Pastor at Madison Presbyterian Church
- Patti Reed, First Presbyterian Church of Athens
- Paulo Santos, Student Representative, 2017-2018
- The Rev. Carol Strickland, Assoc. Pastor at First Presbyterian Church of Athens
- The Rev. Andy Cooke, Campus Minister, Ex Officio
- The Rev. Hilary Shuford, General Presbyter, Northeast Georgia Presbytery, Ex Officio
Waddel Fellowship Committee
Waddel Fellows and more information on this program can be found here.
- Kathy Bangle, First Presbyterian Church of Athens
- Katrina Bowers, Oconee Presbyterian Church
- Mary Barnett, Board Liaison
- Dr. John Knox, Covenant Presbyterian Church
- The Rev. Anna McArthur, Northeast Georgia Presbytery
- Wayne Peacock, Oconee Presbyterian Church
- The Rev. Andy Cooke, Ex Officio
PresbyterianStudentCenter@UGA • 1250 S. Lumpkin St. • Athens, GA 30605 • 706-548-5932